New Act on the Aid to the Economy to Mitigate the Effects of the Energy Crisis (ZPGOPEK)
The National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia had an extraordinary meeting where it adopted the Act on the Aid to the Economy to Mitigate the Effects of the Energy Crisis (ZPGOPEK) (hereinafter: Act or ZPGOPEK). The Act entered into force on 28 December 2023.
The Act provides for the following measures to help the economy mitigate the energy crisis:
- Several forms of grants (subsidies) to co-finance the high cost of energy products (electricity, natural gas, and process steam);
- Partial reimbursement of wage compensation due to the reduction of full-time working hours and partial reimbursement of wage compensation to workers on temporary lay-off;
- Measures to improve liquidity of businesses.
The Government of the Republic of Slovenia had adopted additional decrees, which address the energy crisis from the perspective of legal persons, namely:
- Decree on determining the price of electricity for certain legal entities under public law, with effect from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023;
- Decree on the determination of electricity price for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, with effect from 1 January 2023 to 30 June 2023;
- Decree on determining the price on the natural gas from the gas system for certain legal entities under public law, with effect from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023.
Please find below the answers to some of the most pressing questions regarding the novelties introduced by the Act and decrees (please click on the below link):
For additional details, we are available via e-mail or telephone +386 (0)1 2445500, or you can directly contact the lawyer you are generally in contact with.
Law firm Kavčič, Bračun & Partners, o.p., d.o.o.
Ljubljana, 6 January 2023
All information contained herein is obtained from publicly available data or other sources believed to be reliable. This document is for general information purposes only, may be subject to change and may not be used instead of a legal opinion/advice. KBP does not guarantee the accuracy of the information and shall not be liable for any damages or costs in connection with the use of, or reliance on, the information contained herein.