Energy crisis – Overview of the newest legal acts
In 2022 the Republic of Slovenia introduced several acts to address the energy crisis from the perspective of businesses, namely:
- the Act Determining the Aid to the Economy Due to High Electricity and Natural Gas Prices (hereinafter: ZPGVCEP), which entered into force on 10 September 2022 and is based on to the Communication from the Commission Temporary Crisis Framework for State Aid measures to support the economy following the aggression against Ukraine by Russia (OJ 2022/C 131 I/01 dated 24 March 2022, p. 1), last amended by Communication from the Commission Amendment to the Temporary Crisis Framework for State Aid measures to support the economy following the aggression against Ukraine by Russia (OJ 2022/C 280/01 dated 21 July 2022, p. 1) (hereinafter: Temporary Framework);
- the Act on the Guarantee of the Republic of Slovenia for the Obligations from Credits Taken Out to Ensure Liquidity on the Organized Electricity Markets and Emission Coupons and Obligations from the Purchase Additional Quantities of Natural Gas Outside the European Union Market (hereinafter: ZPKEEKP), which entered into force on 22 September 2022;
- the Act on Measures for Management of Crisis Conditions in the Field of Energy Supply (hereinafter: ZUOKPOE), which entered into force on 22 September 2022;
- the Act Determining Intervention Measure in the Field of Value Added Tax for Mitigating of Rising the Energy Prices (hereinafter: ZNUDDVE), which entered into force on 1 September 2022;
- the Act Amending the Gas Supply Act (hereinafter: ZOP-A), which came into force on 22 September 2022.
- the Decree amending the Decree on the determination of electricity prices, with effect from 22 July 2022 to 31 August 2023;
- the Decree on the determination of the electricity price mechanism for large business consumers, and its subsequent amendment, with effect from 30 November 2022 to 31 December 2022;
- the Decree on setting gas prices from the system, with effect from 22 July 2022 to 31 August 2023;
- the Decree amending the Decree on setting prices for certain petroleum products, with effect from 3 December 2022 to 20 June 2023.
The laws and decrees bring measures on providing electricity and natural gas to final customers, price caps, austerity measures and the protection of vulnerable or exposed energy consumers.
Please find below the answers to some of the most pressing questions regarding the novelties introduced by laws and decrees and please note that the paper focuses only on measures aimed at economic operators (please click on the below link):
- Answers to some of the most pressing questions regarding the novelties introduced by laws and decrees
For additional details, we are available via e-mail or telephone +386 (0)1 2445500, or you can directly contact the lawyer you are generally in contact with.
Law firm Kavčič, Bračun & Partners, o.p., d.o.o.
Ljubljana, 21 December 2022
All information contained herein is obtained from publicly available data or other sources believed to be reliable. This document is for general information purposes only, may be subject to change and may not be used instead of a legal opinion/advice. KBP does not guarantee the accuracy of the information and shall not be liable for any damages or costs in connection with the use of, or reliance on, the information contained herein.