On 30 March 2020, the President of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia issued an order on the basis of Article 4 of the Act on Provisional Measures Relating to Judicial, Administrative and Other Public Law Matters for the Control of the Spread of Infectious Disease SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) (ZZUSUDJZ), which further defines procedures, that are not considered as urgent matters for the duration of the epidemic of the contagious disease SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), and measures concerning the functioning of the courts.
Inter alia the following matters shall not be considered as urgent matters as of 31 March 2020:
- compulsory settlement and bankruptcy matters;
- administrative disputes under the Information Commissioner Act;
- administrative disputes under the Health Care and Health Insurance Act;
- administrative disputes under the Agricultural Land Act;
- in insurance matters, for acts requiring the personal contact of executors, participants and other persons in these proceedings, and if the performance of those acts is not necessary in order to avert the danger to life and human health or to property of greater value;
- lawsuits concerning the bills of exchange and checks.
Additionally, the order regulates (i) the restriction of access to the court, (ii) the possibility of excluding the public from the main hearing and (iii) the limitation of hearings in urgent matters. All scheduled hearings in matters, which are not urgent matters, shall be cancelled. More information regarding the restrictions from this paragraph can be found directly from the order by following this link.
The order is valid until the publicly published recall of the President of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Slovenia, but no later than 1 July 2020.
* * * * *
Our law firm is actively following the latest COVID-19 developments. As always, you can contact us via e-mail or telephone +386 (0)1 2445500, or you can directly contact the lawyer you are generally in contact with.
Law Firm Kavčič, Bračun & Partners, o.p., d.o.o
Ljubljana, 31 March 2020
All information contained herein is based on applicable law or obtained from publicly available data or other sources believed to be reliable. This document is for general information purposes only, may be subject to change and may not be used instead of a legal opinion/advice. KBP does not guarantee the accuracy of the information and shall not be liable for any damages or costs in connection with the use of, or reliance on, the information contained herein.